Regional collaboration will empower St. Albert to continue as a vibrant, economically sustainable, world-class independent city within the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
St. Albert is regarded as one of the best places in Canada to live, work and raise a family. To sustain this enviable reputation, St. Albert must refrain from adopting an isolationist policy of self-centered determinism.
To succeed as a community, we need to work collaboratively with our neighbours to be an economically dynamic region, to have progressive, effective and efficient land use planning, to embrace a regional service delivery model for public transportation, utility services and social supports. By choosing a collaborative approach, St. Albert has the potential to be a leading voice in launching initiatives that will benefit all our communities.
To this end, I am committed to serve St. Albert by engaging in respectful, professional and knowledgeable discourse. I will accomplish this by:
- Actively and enthusiastically supporting the Capital Region Board.
- Working with Sturgeon County on a mutually beneficial boundary adjustment.
- Adhering to the Capital Region Board Growth Plan 2.0 land use plan and established municipal development densities.
- Working with Edmonton and other public transit service providers to establish a regional public transit operating entity.
- Establishing, as a long-term goal, the provision of enhanced accessible transportation options to the disabled within St. Albert and within the region as a whole.
- Advocating with the Edmonton International Airport authority to enhance the business access and services available at the Villeneuve Regional Airport.
- Advocating for enhanced regional health supports to address growing needs for dementia care and continuing care (SL3 and SL4).